100 Things you never wanted to
know about me
1. My first car was a purple 1970, Dodge Dart
13. I use too many exclamation marks and it annoys me yet I don’t stop.
14. I listen to talk radio.
15. I fall asleep to forensics on TV every.single.night.
16. I’m not a coffee drinker, I drink tea.
17. I hate being cold, I have a small heater on my desk at work.
18. I love me a nap!
19. I am medicated. Properly.
20. I’m the baby of the family. What do you mean you can tell??
21. I get bored with my hair and change it fairly often.
22. I am NOT a morning person. Do not test this one.
23. I enjoy my own company just fine thank you.
24. I am not a great cook. Just okay.
25. I think cheese is the perfect food.
26. I quit smoking about 5-ish years ago.
27. I love to drink pop first thing in the morning.
28. Yes, it is pop, not soda.
29. I love gay men.
30. I do not like feeling dependent on anyone.
31. I have horrible eating habits.
32. My daughter is a vegetarian and I didn’t even come close to raising her that way.
33. Sleep is a self-defense mechanism for me.
34. I fight any character traits I have that are like my father’s.
35. I am totally detail oriented about things computer related.
36. I have always wished I was more ambitious.
37. I sleep with a stuffed Eyeore when there isn’t a cat in the way.
38. If I had been a boy my name would have been
39. If my nose were shaped differently I would have had it pierced.
40. I was named after an old girlfriend of my father’s.
41. I am in favor of morning coming later in the day.
42. Let’s just say I am not very graceful.
43. I have 2 tattoos.
44. I have to force myself to drink water. It’s so boring.
45. I prefer email to most other forms of communication.
46. I procrastinate.
47. My favorite story as a kid was about a little boy who died while people were saying his name because it was so long. I can still recite it. Sticky Sticky Stumbo Nose E Rumbo E Pro Pennyo Hara Bara Brisko Nicky Prom Po
Nish No Mennyo Dumbricko.
48. I plucked most of my eyebrows out in 8th grade and high school and they never grew back. I have to draw them on.
49. I am not very good with money. Keeping it, I mean.
50. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday.
51. I’m distracted by shiny objects.
52. I don’t like hardly any foods considered good for me.
53. I’d like to find a diet where I lose weight but can still eat all the carbs I want.
54. I have no sense of direction what-so-ever.
55. My hair is actually my natural color for now. Field mouse gray. Sigh.
56. My hair will not stay this color much longer. It’s been fun.
57. I cannot tolerate any kind of cloth on my teeth or see it on anyone else’s. Makes me physically shudder and get skeeved out.
58. I used to stuff the liver and lima beans I hated through the heat grate under our dining room table. My Mom didn’t find out until we moved from that house when I was 18. The heat must have totally dried up the food – there were pieces of petrified liver still in there.
59. I usually forget that drinking alcohol is an option.
60. I love antique shops.
61. I collect Fireking creamers and sugar bowls. Or, I used to.
62. I also used to collect fairies.
63. Now I collect beads.
64. I have also hoarded fabric, particularly fat quarters, in my time.
65. I had a dream that George Bush was mad at me for mentioning Mike Huckabee.
66. I have no desire to get married again.
67. My daughter has forbidden me to go “fog-walking” ever since I broke my ankle while taking a walk on a lovely foggy February evening. But – I like fog!
68. When I was a kid I was afraid of the Wolfman’s feet in the fog at the beginning of Creature Features.
69. I was much more wild as a kid than my kids are. Thank God.
70. I like plastic silverware to eat certain things. Like yogurt. Plastic spoons are best for yogurt.
71. I once could not give blood because I didn’t weigh enough. Seriously.
72. I hate the newspaper. Especially hate it delivered.
73. I love sleeping with the windows open when it’s raining.
74. I love the sound of a train in the distance, especially at night when everything is quiet.
75. I prefer non-fiction. When I was younger it was the complete opposite.
76. The phrase “dragged by a bus” used to always make me laugh. Haven’t heard it for a while so I don’t know if it still does.
77. Since I type so much now I find I can barely write in cursive anymore. When I try I mess it up so if I must use a pen and paper – I print. Usually in all caps.
78. Boxer briefs.
79. I hate incense.
80. I love spell-check!
81. If I had known I was getting a divorce I probably wouldn’t have gotten my tubes tied but looking back – it was most likely for the best.
82. I still miss smoking.
83. I have a high pain tolerance.
84. I’ve given birth to 2 children and 3 kidney stones. Probably why I have a high pain tolerance.
85. I’ve never gotten a professional manicure or pedicure.
86. I passed out when I had my ears pierced the first time.
87. They had to use smelling salts on me when I got my first tattoo. The second time I told them sooner.
88. I almost passed out watching my Mom get her ears pierced.
89. I always have the TV on whether I am watching it or not.
90. My eyes change color and are a beautiful deep turquoise when I cry.
91. I got my 2nd tattoo on Sweetest Day because I was angry with my boyfriend. I mostly forget I have that one because I can’t see it.
92. I loved the Jetsons when I was little.
93. I’m knock-kneed and have always hated it.
94. I don’t swear in front of my children.
95. I clean best when I am really mad.
96. I don’t really have a favorite color.
Reading blogs that are dark with light print are difficult for me.
98. I’m not entirely satisfied with the kind of mother I have been, but my kids are turning out great in spite of that.
99. I’ve had chicken pox, measles, but not the mumps.
100. I never believed I would be able to get to a hundred in one evening!!!
~ * ~