Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Guess who's home?


Yes, Norah is home.  And man am I tired.  She is wobbly, her back legs are weak and she is on lots of meds.  I slept on the couch last night because she likes to sleep on my bed with me and I didn't want to worry about her going up and down the kitty stairs in the middle of the night.  I did not sleep well, or much.

Tonight I had to give Norah fluids so we improvised.  I warmed the bag and hung it on a laundry hanger.  It actually worked quite well for the job.  Managed to get 3 tablets and 1 capsule down her as well, and she ate a bit of food too.

                Bit blurry and yes, those roses are almost gone.  But it still looks
peaceful for a sick kitty, doesn't it?  
I don't know what's going to happen, if she will bounce back or not.  I know she was super happy when she saw the carrier and was allowed to climb into it - because she knew it meant she was coming home.  For now - I will play nurse for a while and we will see what happens. We've done what we can and if this is as good as she is going to get - it won't be good enough.  A bit more time will tell for sure.

7 comments:

  1. Hi BetteJo

    so glad to see you're still here - well - at your new blog address. Ive written a post on CatMinders after eighteen months. It seems forever .

    I will read on .. so far only one of your posts .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS forever! Glad you're back and you're okay. I always wonder when people just seem to disappear.

      Delete
  2. Ah BetteJo I'm so glad she is home with you, tonight you will sleep better. Time will tell for sure and she can only get better after all she is eating right. I hope she gets better than she is, sounds like you have a feeding tube for her? Keep us posted for sure, cat nursing you're a good mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No feeding tube, been there done that with Jake once upon a time. Just fluids under the skin for 3 days, and then every other day - and when we run out - back to the vet to see how she's doing. Her kidneys really need an assist.

      Delete
  3. .. as you would do. And I have a feeling you'd be better at administering fluids under the skin than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi BetteJo, glad Norah is home even through the heartache isnt over yet, still its always easier to recuperate at home. IV fluids to keep her hydrated? I had a kitty once who needed that treatment, his name was Ruckus.

    Golly what a wonderful spot for a kitty to nap...and I love the christmas tree too - they do do trees here, but the ones I see are always rather sad sparse affairs - yours here reminds me of home and happier christmases.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We still don't know how her kidneys are doing, I should be hearing tomorrow about the most recent blood tests. A couple of my cats always love sleeping under the tree, Norah being one of them. So I figured putting a bed close by would make her happy. :) Oh - and this tree is small compared to trees in years past. I finally cut back a bit!

    ReplyDelete