Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SEND is such a dangerous button



Have you ever written an email not meaning to send it right then and then clicked on SEND anyway?  Is it Freudian, meant to be, is it because you're an idiot?  Pretty sure it's that last one for me.  


Had a major face palm today when I sent an email to dozens of people I work with, accidentally.  See, I wrote a few emails at home last night and forwarded them to work to send out today.  But I wasn't going to send them out until late in the day and this particular email?  Well, let's say I needed to do something else BEFORE I sent this one out.


Argh.


You know that feeling in the pit of your stomach which you realize something has slipped beyond your grasp and there is no pulling it back?  Well actually, in Outlook there is the recall feature but in my case, only about half of the dozens of people I sent it to actually did not get to read that email.  Which, conversely, means the other half did read it.


It was one of those moments when I literally smacked myself in the head and said "I. AM. AN. IDIOT."  And then,  "Well - I guess I can't change my mind now!"


I had sent out the email to all my co-workers telling them I was leaving the company after 25 years, BEFORE I sent my resignation to my boss.


See?  I AM an idiot.  Holy cow.  Of all the times I've clicked when I shouldn't have, this was a doozy!  I mean really, who DOES that???!!!!


Besides me, of course.  Sigh-h-h-h.




.

3 comments:

  1. So are you going to another job, did you win the lottery, find gold in the back yard??? WHAT!!! I'm sorry but I need to know these things. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lottery? Oh man I wish! But yes, a new job, time to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh exciting times for you.. new home and now new job! :)

    ReplyDelete