Sunday, December 18, 2011

They laugh!



.. when I say I'm properly medicated now.  And I do say it as a joke.  But when I think back to the years between oh ... 20 and 40 with some teen years thrown in for good measure, I was depressed.  More depressed than I knew.  And at 35 when I started to pursue treatment for it .. it took me YEARS to find the right meds.  And now - it has made such a difference in my life from confidence to anxiety (or lack of) to happiness and coping skills I have been heard to say the only way you will get these meds away from me is someday prying them out of my cold dead hands.  I never want to go back there again.


So when I say yep - I'm properly medicated now and they laugh - I'm laughing right along with them. That's something I may not have been able to do once upon a time.

And I am grateful.

.

5 comments:

  1. I can see how this would be important. Depression is such a heavy thing to deal with in life, not to mention having kids at the same time. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many things I wish I could have done differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to come of my anti D meds back in the Autumn, it was a disaster. I didn't blog about it as I felt so desperately dreadful I couldn't even put it into words.

    My Dr agreed I should stay on them for as long as I wish, probably forever. At first I found this disappointing, but if they keep me "ok" then that's all that matters.

    So I know exactly how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried to go off them in the past but it's just not worth it. The meds are just part of who I am now.

    ReplyDelete