Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Feeling accomplished

Oops - just as I started to type the thought just came to me that I have a load of laundry to get out of the dryer - and a load in the washer as well. Yikes. I went into the bead room and that was all she wrote. Oh well. Soon, I will get to it soon.

I know I made a necklace last night that I love, but I made one tonight (email - I just sold something - woo hoo!!) that I am just crazy for! It is all Soo Chow jade and Swarovski crystals, sterling silver and I am not sure about the connector I used, I have a feeling it may be plated. But anyway, I am very pleased with this necklace. It is unlike anything I have done before and I am really excited! The picture isn't the best, I may have my daughter model it for Etsy, we will see. Roberta (my mannequin lady) is lovely - but she does only have one shoulder so she can be a tiny bit lop-sided.

I just had a cat jump up and curl up on my lap, and she is making it difficult to type. She's the evil one we are still trying to socialize, (after over a year!!) right now she will sit on my lap when she wants, and I can pet her if I do it right - but if she decides one of us is being aggressive (looking at her side ways) - she will bite. And boy can she bite! Her name is Abigail Grace and she is a beautiful tortie. Looks are deceiving with her though. One of my daughter's friends found her, she was abandoned in an apartment, for how long I have no idea. She obviously missed out on mothering and socializing with siblings and or humans. So - I tend to let her sit on me when she so chooses - hoping to win her over someday. I hate to think she's not able to be lovable. She hates the other cats though, which is not my favorite thing, but then - neither is getting bit! Just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't want to sleep on top of the hot water heater, but she likes being up high and I guess it's nice and warm!

Oh well, I must get that laundry out of the dryer, as much as I would like to just go off to bed! One more day to be off work - I love having so many vacation days! Nite!!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the red! I really like the size of your jewelry and the fact that you aren't afrid of using bigger beads. Have a great day off of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! You should have seen the pieces I made in the beginning - everything was SMALL! :) You're right - you can't be afraid! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bettyjo - that's the first time I saw your kids pictures when they were younger. Several of them are so similar to the pictures we have of ours. My son does 'so big' with his arms like that. Our tub looks the same...yellowish tiles...the kids were just adorable! Had to comment...had to do it here....

    The necklace is fantastic, btw!

    ReplyDelete