Thursday, March 16, 2017

Does Your Cat Do This??

No, I don't sleep with my glasses on.  But I do
need them to take a picture!
Emmett loves me.  I know this.  He has turned out to be a scaredy cat, spends a lot of time under my bed or out in the living room if I am home, but not if anyone is visiting.

At night he believes he is Casanova.  Or something.  He climbs on my head and sucks on my hair.  He licks my face and tries to lick inside my nose. No, not allowed, Emmett. He flops his whole body across my neck or worse - my face, sometimes waking me up by not allowing me to breathe!

Yes, he loves me.  I know he's trying to love on me.  Or something.  But it's really hard to get any sleep with him around.  People suggest locking him out of my room at night.  For a while I wore little caps to bed to keep him away from my hair.

But the problem is, while I'm pushing him away .. while I'm whining at him to stop .. while I'm moving him so I can breathe .. I am smiling.

Because yes, Emmett loves me.  And this is the way he shows me.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to be so loved. Sometimes I wonder. There are times when I'm sitting on the couch and have Crash sleeping soundly next to me and Burn decided he wants to be there too. Then the fighting begins with him just staring at Crash until she growls and spits and runs away. All this just for the chance to sleep next to me.

    ReplyDelete