Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's not all angst.

*
Back to work today, it went well.  I am very grateful for the people I work with, no one expected me to jump in with both feet immediately, and welcomed me back warmly.  

I sent an email to our team expressing my thanks for the flowers, kind words and prayers.  I told them it would take me a couple of days to get acclimated but I hoped by Monday I would be able to make a meaningful contribution to the team again.  An email from a co-worker said:
"Why start contributing in a meaningful way now?  I think what you've been doing for the last 2 years has been working for you!"
Ah .. home again.  It's nice to fit in.

*

4 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS comment from your co-worker! That's a gem - such a kind way to break the ice -- with humor.

    Enjoy your weekend & stroll into Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to be back in a routine and feels comfortable. (well at least normal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful colleague! Going back to a normal routine helps for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your loss. I am dreading the day that I lose my mother.

    ReplyDelete