Monday, October 13, 2008

Whine, whine, whine!


So now I've had it - about something else. This ties together 2 of my recent posts about the - being meticulous and going nuts over the details - and being fed up too! My other blog, A Picture a Day, is all good except for one thing. See how on this blog I have my date above the post and the comments below? I cannot DO that on the other blog.


This is how far I have gone. I actually replaced the original template with a different one, then changed the background, changed the header, changed the color of the body so it would all look like the old template - but with the way the new template shows t
he posting information. TA DA!!! Right? Aren't I clever?


Except it didn't work. I have gone into settings, layout, checked everything I know how to check, changed code for goodness sake and I cannot make it work differently! It's like it's hard-coded somewhere but I cannot figure out where. Tonight I will put back my original template so it's not a template-changed-to-look-like-another-template, and then I will wait for the cavalry. Why?? Because it bugs me!

I don't expect a lot of comments on that blog but when people DO leave them I would like it to be clear WHERE to leave them. I also like it to have the date at the top of the post and then under is - posted by: me, and the time! Is that too much to ask? But it will not let me do it. No matter how many configurations and settings I mess with, I can't make it do what I want.

And.I.don't.like.that.
So, are there any HTML or XML guru's out there who might want to look at my code for me? Hey Baby, wanna see my code? Sorry. Anyway. I would really like to change that one thing and I will be happy with that blog. For now. Until I decide something else needs to be changed.

Cause I'm like that.


But this one thing has really bothered me from the get-go and then bothered me even more because I couldn't figure out how to change it. Help?


5 comments:

  1. I wish I could help... I don't even know how you got three columns in your blog, lol. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you did this already but I'll say it anyway...

    Page Elements

    Blog Posts

    Edit

    Hmmm sorry, I'm sure you've tried that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you tried replacing it with another template, was it a totally different one from a different source? If you did, it should have cured the problem if it was in the HTML code. Since it didn't, I am stumped!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, did that, been there, done everything I could think of. The new template was from the same source but first I created a new blog and used that template to make sure it displayed the way I wanted it to. THEN I moved it over and the post date and time and comments line - moved back again. !!! I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps saying "Pretty please with sugar on top", clicking your heels 3 times and dancing around an oak tree naked under a full moon may work???

    As you can see I have absolutely NO inkling witht his stuff but I hope it bought a small smile to your face :)

    ReplyDelete