Saturday, November 3, 2007

From the bottom of my heart ...

*
I have been a ba-a-a-d blogger. I read that every now and then and I know the feeling because I am feeling it right now. It’s not so much that I have readers waiting on the edge of their seats for my next post. It’s more about the blogs I read.


I have tried to cut back on the sheer number of blogs I read, and as I have written about before, I use my Google reader to keep me up to date with all my favorite’s posts. But sometimes, like this week, I get sidetracked and single minded about something and all but ignore a lot of the blogs I usually visit. A lot. Then when I realize how behind I am, some of those blogs have 2 and 3, sometimes more – posts a piece waiting to be read! And I want to read them!


This is where I must confess to out and out skimming and marking as read and moving on. Yes, that’s right, and I am sorry. I am guilty of not fully reading the posts sometimes, and only leaving comments here and there. So rude!


Like yesterday. At some point during the day I realized I had over 70 unread posts sitting there in my reader which normally I would open and read with interest, if there weren’t so dang many! So out came my skim technique, ever aware of how quickly the posts would stack up with several people participating in posting every day for the month of November if I didn’t get it in hand right away.


I have been preoccupied with changing the design of my blog, but also with finding some better suppliers of gorgeous silver for my jewelry. Because of those things I have been a bad reader, and a bad beader. I was supposed to work on some earrings last weekend and I didn’t do it, and I am sorry about that too.


There have been some other things on my mind but I will write about that another day. With all those people blogging every single day it seems inconsiderate to write a very long post when everyone has so much to read!


And now – off to work on some chandelier earrings! Really!


Oh, but first - how about a pretty picture? Nite all!

*

10 comments:

  1. I've been skimming too! And rarely posting! I feel negligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your posts . Not that I want you to feel bad or anything . But I have looked several times to see what youre up to and then just hoping you are ok . Its a funny old world . We have to be careful not to get too caught up in it . Other people s lives can be so fascinating , I think .... and then I know I can be reading so much I barely have time to live my own life never mind write about it . Its a balance .I hope you are ok and you find time to write what's on your mind , Im wondering now !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find reading blogs a very relaxing time...but then again, I am just building up my Reader...and don't have that many.

    I don't think anyone would expect anyone to keep up everyday...

    I blog for myself, and if someone reads it I'm flattered, but I don't have expectations!

    By the way...I miss the lady at my PO box yesterday. I go every Saturday, so I did not get to see my new anklet and earrings...I'll have them Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so know what you mean - and I love reading your blog even if I don't often comment!

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been guilty of skimming - for the same reasons! I want to read them ALL and that number quickly adds up, doesn't it?

    Did you say chandelier earrings? I need to do some more shopping in your awesome store!

    Good luck with the silver supplier....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean Bettejo! I seem to fall behind with everything lately. Just too much to do and lots of interesting things to divert my attention - like reading you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can get overwhelming so quickly, and sometimes there just isnt the time - well, alot of the time there isnt the time LOL
    For myself Ive decided to 'Be Free', because Ive realized that I get too sucked in and then it becomes work not play - you know what I mean?
    So, No Worries Mate! Be Free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you gotta let go of that guilt and breathe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been a bad blogger not posting anything for almost a week, so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNEW there was a reason I was ignoring my blog :)

    I was actually helping you out!

    ReplyDelete